top of page

If you have a complaint

Community Counselling (North Yorkshire) Limited aims to provide its clients, funders and commissioners with the best possible service.

However, we recognise that from time to time there may be occasions when users of our services feel that the quality or level of service provided fell short of what they could reasonably expect.

Your continued custom and goodwill is greatly valued by us and therefore if you have a complaint to make, we would like you to tell us about it.

This what you need to do 

 1. The complaint should be made in person, by telephone or in writing to the Chief Officer who will acknowledge in writing within five working days of the receipt of any complaint. (If your complaint is against the Chief Officer, you should make your complaint in writing to the Chair of Community Counselling)

Please contact us as follows:

Telephone: 01653 690124


Post: Community Counselling

           Stanley Harrison House

           Norton Road



           YO17 9RD

2.The Chief Officer shall – in consultation with the Chair - undertake to investigate the circumstances leading to the complaint.

3. The Chief Officer shall communicate the results of the investigation to the complainant within a reasonable time – normally 15 working days - and, if required, make appropriate redress.

4. The complainant shall have the right - if dissatisfied with the results of the inquiry - to put his/her case personally to the Board of Trustees, who will consider the issue and determine the appropriate form of redress should this be considered necessary.

5. The Board of Trustees shall be regularly informed by the Chief Officer of the number and nature of any complaints and the outcome.

6. If you have received a service commissioned by a statutory organisation, and you are not satisfied by the response by the Board of Trustees, you have the right to take your complaint to the statutory organisation.

bottom of page